Saturday, February 9, 2013

Wild Men of Music: Igor Stravinsky

Stravinsky's 'The Rite of Spring' is surely a bizarre ballet composition. The dancers movement far from being pretty or delicate, are wild and strengtheners, and sometimes really weird. I really liked how the whole corps de ballet follows the two protagonist in each movement they made, and I think the audience can really feel the rare chemistry the soloists have during the whole number.
I think this ballet expresses too much energy, craziness and passion. It may look sometimes ridiculous for some people, but somehow I feel that every step the dancers make has a congruency that makes the whole number a perfect piece of contemporary dance.

Picasso's protrait of Igor Stravinsky




I love Pina Bausch's choreographies, and this post reminded of her.

1 comment:

  1. That Wim Wenders film about Pina Bausch is supposed to be great! The critics said that it uses 3D really well.

    ReplyDelete