Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Nonsense poetry

Lewis Carroll's 'Alice in Wonderland' and 'Alice Trough the Looking-Glass' have been one of my favourite books since I was just a kid. Even though they're sometimes too disturbing and alarming, I just think they are some of the best tales in the world (doubtfully for kids, though). One could think that Carroll just got really high and started writing... I don't think he actually did, but in any way, Alice's adventures are just perfect, and Alice herself is, in my opinion, one of the most memorable characters (along with the Cheshire cat).



1 comment:

  1. I am a huge Lewis Carroll enthusiast, always have been. The Alice books (and "The Hunting of the Snark") are surreal but deeply meaningful. A lot of great criticism has been written about them.

    ReplyDelete