Thursday, April 18, 2013

Black Mountain College

I read some of each author's poems. I found them really delightful... All Robert Creeley, Robert Duncan, Charles Olson and Denise Levertov have a distinctive and different style that stands out in a certain way, but personally, I think the poem I enjoyed the most were those written by Robert Duncan (an I'm not really a poetry reader).

"
1)
Drunk with love! now
I am poisond with love.
I have been subtly poisond. 
Who would have thought pain so enduring?
The saxophone, the beat, the moon:
if I could only drift
once more toward foolishness
my angel, my angel
where have you gone? my false angel!
How I long for even the betrayal of your arms.

2)
Take away love,
this is the food that has poisond me:
if I had died
two months ago it would have been good.
I had faith.
Now there is no good thing
untainted.

3)
against the idea of suicide:

This is not what I want
to die in such misery."
As I've said before I don't really like too much poetry, but I love when poems seem desperate and passionate, there's nothing better than that in poetry! (Besides Borges and some other Spanish poets, of course - I prefer poetry in Spanish, I think not even French can caught the beauty of poetry like the Spanish language-)

No comments:

Post a Comment