Saturday, April 27, 2013

Musical Theater and Film

Musicals are also something I'm really familiar with because I love them both theater and film. For example, I love Cabaret, Chicago, Moulin Rouge, Les parapluies de Cherbourg, The Rocky Horrow Picture Show, Singin' in the rain, The Blues Brothers, everything! In any style! Classic, Modern, Rock, anything! I couldn't possibly choose a favorite musical, I can only say that I prefer musicals that actually have a plot, not just an assemble of different musical numbers.
Musicals are indeed kind of magical (even if their subject-matters are rather realistic)... nobody sings that much in real life, huh? They're such a razzle dazzle!
A few years ago, the ISIC brought a rock opera called 'Frankenstein' by José Fors and I must say that's one of the most amazing experiences I've ever experienced in a theater! I was so astonishing! And recently, we went to the theater to see Mozart's 'The Magic Flute'. 








(I think Cabaret is a perfect example of Magic realism because of the Emcee's relationship with the main story)





No comments:

Post a Comment