Sunday, April 14, 2013

Concrete Art vs. Tachisme, Art Informel and Lyrical Abstraction

Geometric abstraction and Concrete art VS. Tachisme, Art informel and Lyrical Abstraction is, for me, just another cliche of art history: some people is painting in this way, and after a while, another group starts to paint in the opposite way. Art is an action-reaction thing. I couldn't possibly choose whether I prefer geometric or biomorphic abstraction because I really enjoy both styles with some exceptions, of course. We could say that geometric abstraction is more common today in design (like the MWM Graphics I've mentioned before), but biomorphic abstraction is still present in our furniture and design too, so I've decided to don't take a side and enjoy both styles.







VS.


No comments:

Post a Comment