Saturday, April 27, 2013

Magic Realism in Literature

Magic realism is something that I've been in touch a plenty number of times. Gabriel García Marquez, Jorge Luis Borges and Julio Cortázar are some of my favorite writers of the Spanish language. Their stories and novels are not only beautifully written, but pretty astonishing (especially their endings!). In my mind and heart, I treasure Cortázar's short story 'Axolotl', in which the narrator eventually turns into an axolotl (A Mexican salamander that lives in the lake of Xochimilco in Mexico City). It's pretty dazzling!


Borges' poems, whether they belong to magic realism or not, are sublime! He's my favorite poet in the whole word... Nobody can reach the perfection that he gives to the Spanish language (I even have a poster of Borges!)

No comments:

Post a Comment