Sunday, March 17, 2013

Harlem Renaissance

Literature

I read the poems by Dorothy Parker,Langston Hughes, and Sterling Brown and all I could think about is that there was an old black ma'am reading it for me. The syntax and orthography of those poems is certainly unorthodox but great still!

"White man tells me--hunh--
Damn yo' soul;
White man tells me--hunh--
Damn yo' soul;
Got no need, bebby,
To be tole."

Dance

Josephine Baker was just weird. There's no other word to describe her... she's weird and somehow disturbing. Bill 'Bojangles', on the other hand, was just great! His dance would make any man smile! The Nicholas Brothers are overwhelming, they would make everyone say 'ouch, that should have hurt'... they are acrobatically amazing! The may not be as classy and delicate as Fred Astaire or Gene Kelly, but they surely got an amazing talent!

No comments:

Post a Comment