Sunday, March 17, 2013

Latin American Styles

Being Latin American and not knowing about Carlos Gardel's tango and Bossa Nova is like being American and not knowing about Jazz... a sin! (Although I'm sure a lot of people don't even know they exist).
Carlos Gardel is a man I've heard thanks to my grandmother and my father! I really like him, he's songs are  certainly sensual! However, I must admit that I prefer Bossa Nova! Portuguese is a perfect language! It's so beautiful and melodical! (I have some Bossa Nova CDs myself)
Antonio Carlos Jobim is by far the greatest of all, his songs like 'The Girl from Ipanema' have crossed the world without limits! (Even Sinatra recorded him!)


'Aguas de Março' is one my favourite Bossa Nova songs! I love it when Jobim annd Elis Regina sing it together, but when they sing it alone they also make a great work!


(Who hasn't listen this at least once in their lives?)


No comments:

Post a Comment