Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Vorticism in the Visual Arts

Vorticism in all painting, photography and sculpture are really impressive! The compositions are really busy and violently energetic, yet harmonious. It is really amazing how artist could get so much work done out of simple lines!
In painting, I think black and white compositions are more striking to eye than any other colour scheme paintings (specially the chalky colours); however, paintings that form a complete sort of landscape just out a compilation of straight lines are really amazing! 
Vortographs, or Vorticism photographs are really interesting. Sometimes, they look painting-like, but some other times, they just seem to be some computer edited photographs (I think that if I had look at them out of context I I'd just had thought that they were another Hipster edited photo -which are kind of annoying nowadays-).
I think the sculptures related to Vorticism are great spatial translation of the Vorticist paintings and photographs. However, in Sculpture, the subject-matters are more obvious or recognizable (they even get erotic sometimes!)







Vortograph

Vortograph









No comments:

Post a Comment