Wednesday, March 27, 2013

War photographers

I think that war photographers should be admired not only because of their work (which is great: straight but artistic), but because of their courage... I would never go to a D-day just to take photographs even if I get a million of dollars. It's just crazy! Going to the locations after the battle passed would be depressing, but I'd rather go after the battle than actually being there when the action is happening just to take a bunch of photos! I guess that's something we can admire of these people apart from their work!
These war photographs seem to me more spontaneous and certainly more improvised than the other photojournalist photographers covering floods and the Empire State Building, and I guess that's because these war photographers had to keep moving in the field and there's not actual time to tell a solider to hold in one position to take a more controlled image... The results are great, though. *Hats off*

No comments:

Post a Comment