Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Edgar Allan Poe

The Raven
I personally have read several poems and stories by Edgar Allan Poe; his work has always attracted me even though it makes me feel uncomfortable, scared or irritated quite often. I have always found Allan Poe as one of the most original and thrilling authors on history. In a few words, he changed the way detective, criminal and terror stories are told.
When I read his writings, I can really feel the madness of the murderer in 'The Tell-Tale Heart', the desperation of the man in 'The Raven', or the cholera that the mad and alcoholic murderer feels when he sees that one-eyed animal on 'The Black Cat' (even when I love cats). I always get this no-stopping heart beat while reading his masterpieces.

This is one of my favourite short animation of all time combining several stories and poems of the old Allan Poe. Designed by Tim Burton and narrated by Vincent Prince, here is Vincent:

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful idea to post the Tim Burton short! In graduate school, I had the chance to read all of Poe and write a whopping big paper on him, which was a great experience. Everything in his work ties together.

    ReplyDelete